Sunday, July 12, 2009

Prissly

Presley is doing great. WE GOT SOME CLOTH DIAPERS. We (mommy) are so excited. We have 2 bumGenius! all in one diapers coming in the the mail and 6 handmade all in one's. I cannot wait to get pictures of her in them. They should all be here by Friday. We don't quite have enough to be comfortable using cloth full time (which means extra work for mom) but I'm hoping to pick up a few pockets diapers (which means you have to use an insert) from a lady off craigslist and use the gDiaper (the flushable insert/cloth cover) inserts until I can afford regular cloth ones. But really, I'm super excited about the entire thing. It's nice to know I'll be putting cotton/hemp on her bottom and not chemicals. Plus, cloth diapers are ADORABLE. I actually have a few pictures of her in gDiapers which are a hybrid disposable/cloth but not made with the harsh chemicals in disposables and they're ecofriendly because they can be flushed, composted, or throw away and they don't pile up in landfills.

Anyways. Presley went to Mandeville today for her Great-Grandmother's 69th birthday party. She had an alright time. Actually, it was a little overwhelming and she cried a lot. She did take a nice nap on the couch with her most favorite uncle.

The drive there and back (about an hour) were fine, she sleeps well in the car but she was not amused once we were there. Sometimes, I have to remind myself she's only 6 weeks old and I can't MAKE her be an easy travel baby. Oh, well.

Presley is going on her first vacation for 11 days August 1st. Hopefully, her head control will be solidified (it's getting there) and she'll enjoy the pool. She has the cutest bathing suite already, I don't know how well it's going to fit with a diaper but we'll see. I can't wait to put her in the pool. She loves water so hopefully she'll enjoy the pool. Crossing my fingers. I stuck her feet in today and she seemed to not mind.

Tomorrow, we're going to see Dr. Von Almen, the OB who delivered Presley. I'm hoping all is well so I can start swimming Tuesday.

Presley had her 1 month well baby visit on Thursday. Her current stats are:

9lbs 12 oz
21.5 inches (it's listed as 22.5 inches but her head wasn't all the way against the wall for the measurment, I don't like pushing the soft area against the hard wall so whatever)

Her doctor says she's "perfect" and "thriving" and "a joy to be around" despite her screaming after he woke her up for the checkup. She does have a belly button hernia which is why it sticks out so much but he says that 99% of them will close up and it's nothing to worry about. It's not a big deal to me because she is rarely shirtless in the presence of anyone but me and her grandmother with the exception of Saturday night...

Saturday night was the worst night of my life with Presley. She SCREAMED AND SCREAMED AND SCREAMED for 30 minutes. I had her sitting in the bathtub because it's one of the only things that calms her down and when I took her out you would have swore I chopped her leg off. I put her gDiaper on her and wrapper her in a blanket to make sure that I didn't further anger her by OMG! putting a shirt or worse a nightgown on. Uncle Roth came home JUST IN TIME and we literally took 15 minutes to get her carseat in his car and I stuck her in it, just in a diaper with a blanket over her and made him drive to Burger King (the farthest fast food I could think of). She was quiet the whole time. She was asleep when we got home but woke up shortly after, pooped a lot, nursed, pooped twice more, nursed, and fell asleep. It was terrible. Her Uncle (who is only 16) did the most amazing job. He held her, bounced her, tried to calm her down, drove her around, and was just a lifesaver. I really might have gone insane if he wasn't there.

Presley is 6 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying. I hear, soon, she'll be grabbing things. She's already cooing and I sware she says words (not really). She's pretty much given up the pacifier. She'll take it on car rides but that's it, thank goodness. I hate that thing. She enjoys napping in her new swing.


I can hear the princess stirring for her midnight nursing session so I've got to go but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures (especially in the diapers) and post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment