Monday, June 29, 2009

4 weeks old!




Today is Presley's 4 week birthday. Wednesday, she is offically 1 month old! WOW.

Currently, she's napping in her pack n play. It's POURING rain right now and it is so dark so it's a good time to nap. Presley can hold her head up for longer and longer every day. Sometimes for a minute at a time. She's also VERY aware of her surroundings and enjoys being held facing out so that she can bobble her head all around and look at the world. It's really cute. Yesteday, I wanted to see about how much she weighed now (we'll find out on the 9th) and so I stepped on the scale alone (119lbs, yes!) and then stepped on with her (128lbs). That makes Pres about 9lbs, give or take. That's AWESOME. She's gained nearly 2 lbs since birth all on breastmilk (we're VERY proud of this). Co-Sleeping is getting better and better. The sling is working great too. Presley is also sometimes making noises that aren't crying. I don't think I'd call it babbling but it's close and it's ADORABLE. Soon, we'll make a video. She is still enjoying her baths and has not used her "Margaret" for the bath but we will make sure to do so to get a picture for Daddy and M.
Presley sleeps in 4 hour incriments at night which is really nice and since we breastfeed and co-sleep, Mommy doesn't really need to move in order to feed back to sleep.

Things are going really well, basically. Here are some pictures of Presley and Mom:


And for my blog-friends, NOT ME! Monday (created by MckMama)...

I most certainly did NOT eat some hard candy and brush it on Presley's lips, I would never ever do that to my 4 week old. Not me. I also do not continue to put on diapers I know will leak if my baby poops too much and hope they don't. Nah, no way. And me? I would not give my perfect, breastfeed, never know a plastic nipple baby a pacifier when she has gas. Not me. And I wouldn't let her pee in the tub and finish her bath instead of draining it and washing her off again. Nope. Not me. And I for sure didn't get my 4 week old her very own itouch and upload it with songs she loves, that would be ridiculous....

1 comment:

  1. Presley is a cutie pie!!Congrats!! :)
    found your blog via Mckmama's!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete